Himala was one of the movies that was restored into HD. I saw it and surprisingly, I bought the restored copy. ABS- CBN (a Filipino network) and Central Digital Lab planned to restore Himala. This was first premiered in the 63rd Venice Film Festival. The movie was shown in cinemas last December 5, 2012. Gladly, I bought the restored version.
Why people chose Himala as the Best Asian-Pacific Movie of All Time during the CNN APSA Viewers Choice Award? Well, because of these famous lines that lived with the people:
Walang Himala!! Ang himala ay nasa puso ng tao, nasa puso nating lahat! Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga himala! Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga sumpa at ng mga diyos... ("There is no miracle!! The miracles are in people's hearts, in all our hearts! We make the miracles! We are the ones who make curses, gods...")
Yep. That one. That statement is true.
The only version available in the Internet is the original, unrestored version with subtitles in the edges. That made me annoyed. I do understand what they're saying but shouldn't they release the Filipino version? NO SUBTITLES?
So is the film grains. The only thing that's disappointing is the audio. Why there's no audio restoration? Well, at least I can watch the movie.
Here is the trailer for Himala: (There is an English subtitles for you to understand) ENJOY.
No comments:
Post a Comment